I’m suffering from a bit of the blogging blahs lately. It’s not that I haven’t thought of things to blog about. I just haven’t been motivated to sit down and type it all up.
- On Saturday, Jennie and I went down to South Bend for the Notre Dame – Pitt football game. It was a beautiful October day for tailgating and a football game. Who would have thought that you could get a sun burn in October in the Midwest. Oh well, it was worth it. The beer was cold and ND hung on for a victory in the fourth quarter. It wasn’t pretty, but a win is a win.
- Sunday was spent doing yard work and enjoying the weather. The weather over the weekend and forecasted for this week is spectacular. Mid-60’s to low-70’s and sunny. It is kind of weather than makes me want to skip out of work and go for a long bike ride or long run.
- I switched to Look-style pedals today. I got the pedals (Shimano PD-7401) for free from my uncle who no longer had use for them. I ordered new cleats for my shoes last week and they finally arrived. I had previously been using an SPD style pedal/cleat. After just one ride in them, I’m sold! They probably aren’t as good as a newer style Look pedal, but you can’t beat free.
- I’m full into my taper for the Grand Rapids Marathon this weekend. I’ve been doing some swims and keeping up on my P90X, but that is about it. My only runs have been “coaching” runs with Jennie and today was my only bike ride scheduled for the week.
- I am optimistically hopeful for the race this weekend. I had never really planned on this being an “A” race, but after my successful 20 mile training run and better than expected half marathon, I am thinking that this could be a great race. My current PR is 3:34 and I could see that falling this weekend. Sub-3:30 would be even better.
- Fellow bloggers The Redhead, Running Spike, and Sun Runner are all going to be at the race this weekend. I hoping to have a blogger meet up at point or to at least be able to find them at the race. Anyone else out there running, volunteering or cheering? Let me know so I can look for you! If you are there, you can find me in the beer garden after the race.
Thanks for reading!