First off, I want to give a huge “Thank You” to everyone who commented, emailed, called, sent a telegram or sent smoke signals after my last post. As you could tell I was in a rather pessimistic mood and had a depressed out lookout for my marathon this morning. All that worrying was for nothing. As many of you pointed out, I did the training, the hard part was over. I just needed to let my body rest. I am happy to say that I had an amazing race which included in great weather, a HUGE PR, and tons of photos.
You’ll have to wait until tomorrow (or Monday) for all the gory details and photos, but here are the highlights:
- I woke up at 4:30 am from a very vivid dream in which I ran a 3:34 marathon. It was mildly frustrating because it was one of those dreams that you wake up exhausted from because it felt so real. And on top of that, I felt 3:34 was unrealistic.
- Got to the starting line 10 minutes the
gun went offrace director yelled “Go.” Cut it a little close, but it worked out.
- Enjoyed the beautiful weather and lovely course for
most ofthe 26.2 miles
- Ran (nearly) the entire race for the first time. I walked a couple water stations, but other than that, all running (or hobbling depending on how far along I was)
- Finished in (queue eerie music) in 3:34 and change!!! I can’t believe it. It makes for a roughly 13 minute PR. I am still sort of in shock of the fact that I dreamed my time.
Now it is time to rest and ice my knee – it is extremely sore. I am hoping that it is just tired and not injured.
Thank you again for the well wishes. It meant the world to me.